Monday 25 August 2008

TRANSITION

Saturday I drove to Manchester and spent precious moments with my daughters and grand daughter. On the Sunday we hit the streets of Chorlton, and amongst other things we visited a gallery, studio, shop - Contemporary Design in the Art of Recycling, the artists present inspiring, contemporary, concept driven work harmonising skill and imagination in the processs of recycling discarded waste materials into free standing and framed artworks. I was tempted and purchased 4 coasters made from recycled glass and metal wire. www.40beechroad.co.uk


As the day came to a close, I did not wish to return to the North East and suddenly realised I did not know where 'home' is, earlier in the day a friend had said, "you are a bit of a gypsy." which hit me at the point of my realisation, maybe I am and maybe I always have been.....

I awoke this morning and felt a void in my life, I need to heal that feeling but not sure how to just yet. Maybe I am in transition again, a process by which people unplug from an old world and plug into a new world, we could say transition starts with an ending and finishes with a beginning. Perhaps the beginning has not yet begun!

1 comment:

Tulpa said...

How lovely to spend the day at Cragside with you, Julie. So many wonderful things from art and science to spark thought and talk...

I will never walk so close behind those who habitually smell of turnips ever again!